HISTORY OF KSEB
|CUG phone numbers of kseb|
|Standard of Performance of KSEB|
Kerala State Electricity Board commenced functioning on 31-3-1957 After Noon as per order no. EL1-6475/56/PW dated 7-3-1957 of the Kerala State Government. It had 5 members with Sri K P Sreedharan Nair as Chairman. All the staff belonging to the erstwhile Electricity Department of Thiru-kochi was transferred to the Board.
After the enactment of Electricity Act, 2003, KSEB has been functioning as the State Transmission Utility (STU) and a distribution licensee w.e.f 10.12.2004 under section 172(a) of the Electricity Act, 2003.Accordingly, with effect from 25.09.2008, all the functions, properties and all interests, rights in properties, all rights and liabilities of the Board are vested in the State Government. All these functions and undertakings of the Board as vested in Government shall be re-vested in a company to be incorporated as a fully owned Government company under the Companies Act, 1956.
To see the Latest Power System Statistics CLICK HERE
At the time of its inception, in 1958, the KSEB had an installed capacity of 109.5 MW, with a total annual internal generation of 441.35 MU.At present, KSEB has a total installed capacity of 2234.4 MW(as on 31.10.2011) including the two Diesel power plants at Brahmapuram and Kozhikode.
The Kerala power system grid is connected to the Southern Region Transmission system through two 400kV double circuit lines. They are (1) Udumalpet- Madakkathara line and (2) Thiruneveli- Pallippuram( Trivandrum) line. There are 6 major inter-state transmission lines. at 220KV level and 110KV level.The transmission sector of KSEB comprises of two zones namely North and South, and a System Operation wing each headed by a Chief Engineer. The System Operations wing with headquarters at Kalamassery is responsible for the real time management of Kerala Power System and also the activities connected with communication and protection fields.
Contact information email: email@example.com
KSE Board distributes electricity in the State of Kerala except in the Thrissur Municipal Corporation and Munnar (Kannan Devan Hills). For operational conveniences the distribution wing is divided into three zones namely South, Central and North
IT Wing Of KSEB
Kseb has it’s own IT development Team working at Kozhikode, Ernakulam and Thiruvanathapuram and developed many applications to support daily activities, Billing and HRM . ORUMA, SARAS and HRIS are some of these softwares.
Standards of Performance of KSEB has set new dimensions to customer service. Click HERE
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 – Implementation in KSE Board –Clarification – Orders issued.For more details
grativuty1972 (48.8 KiB, 897 hits)
- Hon’ble Chief Minister of Kerala has deferred the agenda for formation of KSEB Ltd and re-vestment of assets, in the Cabinet Meeting on 30/05/2012 and informed that all outstanding issues with employees will be cleared before re-vestment. Many thanks to Hon’ble Chief Minister, Sri. Oommen Chandy for his bold and right decision to protect the interest of employees of KSE Board before formation of the company
- KSEB had filed the ‘proposals for revising the existing tariff structure of all categories of consumers including Bulk Supply to other Licensees’before the Hon’ble Commission on 30-03-2012. In the petition, KSEB has requested for permission to submit the re-categorization of certain categories of consumers as per the direction of the Hon’ble Commission, orders of CGRF/ Ombudsman, recommendation from field offices etc as an addendum to the petition. Further, Hon’ble Commission vide the letter No. 507/ CT/ KSERC/2012/256 dated 03-04-2012 has directed to submit the following proposals also to be considered along with the petition.
(1) The proposals of re-categorization of different categories of consumers.
(2) The proposals for Transmission charges, Wheeling charges and cross subsidy surcharge for open access consumers.
(3) Proposals for TOD tariff for LT consumers with connected load above 10kW. For more details
addl_submission_on_tariff_petition (125.0 KiB, 554 hits)
- General Transfer Probable list has been published in KSEB site for all eligible cadres
- Consumer Grievance Redressal forum -CGRF of KSEB on web http://cgrf.kseb.in/ . Now consumers can make use of this on-line portal for registering grievance.
- Power Department – Kerala State Electricity Board Limited – Appointment of new Directors and Transfer of shares vide GO (MS)No.06/2012/PD order dtd 29-3-2012. Shri T.M Manoharan, Shri Pradeepkumar and Shri. V.P Joy are appointed as share share holder and Director of KSEB Limited and Shri M Muhammed Ali Rawther appointed as Director of KSEB LTD
- KPSC Department Test January 2012 is published.
- KSERC Order dated 26.04.2012 in OP No. 21/2012 dated 13/4/2012 filed by the KSE Board in the matter of ‘extension of power restriction to LT consumers’ – Compliance-Orders issued . Download
extension of power restriction to LT consumers of KSEB (42.9 KiB, 721 hits)
- IT wing of KSEB – Constitution of Selection Committee for selection of employees from KSEB in IT Wing – Sanctioned -Orders issued.
- Instructions are issued to all custodians of KSEB CUG/FCT phones to achieve the purpose of the service by prompt response.
- Revision of Pension and other related benefits to the Pensioners of the Kerala State Electricity Board – Obtaining approval of Government – Orders issued. The Director (I T) is authorised to develop software for revision of pension including One Rank-One Pension Scheme and to develop software for the computerisation of pension download
- Notification for JULY 2012 Department Test is published on KPSC website. Last date for registration is on 13-06-2012
CUG Directory Of KSEB
Please click here CUG