SRLDC-Southern Region Load Dispatch Center is the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the power system in the Southern Region-Bangluru. The main responsibilities of SRLDC are:
- Monitoring of system parameters and security.
- To ensure the integrated operation of the power system grid in the region.
- System studies, planning and contingency analysis.
- Analysis of tripping/disturbances and facilitating immediate remedial measures.
- Daily scheduling and operational planning.
- Facilitating bilateral and inter-regional exchanges.
- Computation of energy despatch and drawal values using SEMs.
- Augmentation of telemetry, computing and communication facilities.
The five RLDCs and NLDC in India are owned, operated and maintained by Power System Operation Corporation of India Limited (POSOCO) (A fully owned subsidiary of POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of the country).